How do I use a case statement in the where clause in SQL Server?
CASE STATEMENT IN WHERE CLAUSE:
- The CASE statement returns the value based on condition.
- We can use a case statement in Where, Order by and Group by clause.
- In the Customer table, I have displayed the First Name is Ram or the Last Name is Sharma’s salary.
- So, by using a CASE statement with the where condition displays the result.
- I want to display Salary in the Customer table the First Name is ‘RAM’ or Last Name is ‘SHARMA’
WHERE [Salary] =
WHEN [First_Name] = ‘RAM’ THEN [Salary]
WHEN [Last_Name] = ‘SHARMA’ THEN [Salary]
If you are new to SQL Server start with the following must-watch video:-